Monday, June 11, 2012

Restaurant Impossible!

Dining room re-design

Michele's Restaurant, Corry, PA
I LOVE reading my old "house flipping" blog! We had such a good time doing that. Unfortunately, with the changes in the market, and with banks getting so picky with appraisals, we only did one more flip after this one.

Over the past few years, I've always kept my hand in decorating, helping clients re-design bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms, and I'm currently working on a game room/theater room and a little girls bedroom :)







I am SO excited to be starting my next big design project for a very deserving person! I have been asked to be a "Design Assistant" on the show "Restaurant Impossible" when it films here in Corry, Pa (about 40 min. from Erie).
The show on Food Network, takes a failing restaurant and revamps the menu, recharges the owner and staff, and gives the restaurant a $10,000 makeover. Chef Robert Irvine and Designer Taniya Nayak ( as well as Tom Bury, construction manager) will put their heads together and work some magic!



My husband and I went to Corry last week and met Michele and got to check out the restaurant. She is super-sweet and really excited (and nervous!). The restaurant has been around for a long time, but Michele and her husband have only owned it for 3 years. Because of the show's confidentiality policy, she really wasn't able to give us details yet, but she seems totally ready to jump in and get started.

I hope to keep everyone updated ( as the show allows). I know when we worked with Extreme Home they did not want us taking pictures, so I will do what I can! I do not know if I will be able to sleep tonight :)

1 comment:

JoAnne Lenart-Weary said...

How cool that you got to be a part of this! I am sure you rocked it and everyone had a great time working with you.