Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 1 of Restaurant Impossible!

So my friend Suzanne and I headed out to Corry today to have lunch at Michele's restaurant! They were actually serving lunch until 2. Michele looked adorable and frazzled- what a life changing experience this is for her. We met the nicest mom and daughter from Corry and had lunch with them. They are big fans of the show and friends with Michele. The crew was running around measuring, and setting up, but our sweet waitress came out and served us just like it was any other day- very surreal! We did get filmed eating and had to sign release forms for being on camera, but we didn't speak.
I had a grilled chicken salad. It was fine, not anything great, but certainly not awful either. I'm anxious to see how Robert re-vamps her menu.
We were able to take a few pictures of the restaurant "before". Hopefully I'll be able to get a few "after" shots. I know they'll be pretty strict with cameras once we get in there and start working.


Speaking of Robert, he supposedly not in town until tomorrow, so we didn't see him yet!



THEN came MY life-changing moment!! I met Tom Bury ( the construction manager for the show). He was really friendly and very laid back and is looking forward to giving the restaurant a facelift. He asked me a few questions about myself and we got to talking........and the rest has to be top secret for right now!!
 Haha!! You'll have to check back tonight or tomorrow to find out what happened :) Don't worry, I'm not running off with him, this has to do with design folks!

Setting up our food tents!

Isn't this the Lexus Robert always drives around in?!
What fun we are having, I am so thankful for this opportunity!



No comments: